MSP - Facilities/Conveyor/Stationary Mechanic Wanted for Minneapolis/ST Paul Airport.
Facilities/Conveyor/Stationary Mechanic Wanted for Minneapolis/ST Paul Airport.
Tuesday – Saturday
9 PM – 5:30 AM PBB
$18 - $23. Per hour depending on exp.
Level I - Meets essential job requirements; Working knowledge of in order to assist other mechanics and perform routine service and maintenance on equipment
Please apply at our website
Stationary Equipment Technicians are responsible for ensuring passenger loading bridges interior, exterior and console are fully operational in support of daily requirements. This is accomplished by maintaining the interior and exterior as well as troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electrical and controls related issues. Maintains electrical circuits and components of electrical systems up to 480 volts.
The technician is also responsible for Baggage Conveyor Systems including routine and non-routine maintenance on gear boxes, bearings and shafts, roller replacements, belt re-lacing and belts replacements. Staff baggage handling system (BHS) control rooms as well as reconciling bag jams to keep BHS flowing.
Perform small component repair and build-up of non-specialized components on specialized equipment. The components are but not limited to: air conditioning hoses and couplers, potable water cabinets, and machine guards. The Technician updates paper and electronic records in connection with maintenance performed.
What does a career at Global Aviation look like?
Your daily activity will depend on your level of skill, experience and willingness. When you first start out, don’t expect to be on difficult troubleshooting tasks, as you’re more likely to be doing more of the routine maintenance. Of course, the longer you do the job, the more work you’ll be able to do and the more responsibility you’ll be given, until you become (if it’s your desire) a Team Leader, Shop Supervisor, or Manager. In a supervisory role, organize, prioritize and delegate work, hire the right mechanics, and communicate regularly with the customers.
Global offers competitive pay and a benefit package that is valued at an $5.39 per hour on top of an hourly wage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical and hydraulic system defects in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, baggage handling, lighting and power distribution regarding passenger loading bridges.
- Reads blueprints, drawings and diagrams to troubleshoot, diagnose and make repairs to electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintains electrical circuits and components of electrical systems up to 480 volts.
- Maintains records of repairs made, orders, and time worked.
- Scale calibrations
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience in the mechanical field.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Assists with basic maintenance assignments involving but not limited to preventive, routine and emergency maintenance, clearing system jams; shift inspections, cleaning, and/or electrical and mechanical adjustments.
- Diagnose equipment failures; ensures equipment is running safely.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and
codes and instructions on the computer.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
- Lifting ability up to 70
- Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
2nd Shift, Wednesday – Saturday. 3 PM to 1:30 AM. Sunday, Monday & Tuesday off.
Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
Shop Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
- Medical Insurance with two plan options (Rx included)
- Flex Spending Plan and HSA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit, Smoking Cessation Program
- Vacation – Sick – Holiday (Two Floating) – Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FT MECHANICS
- Tool Allowance – Bi-Weekly
- Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance – Yearly
- Free Uniforms
- Technical Training
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.