Medium Truck Mechanic/Tech 2 - DFW - (TX)
Medium Truck Mechanic/Tech 2 needed for Ground Support Equipment @ Dallas Airport - DFW - (TX)
$24 to $25 per hour
1:30 PM to 10 PM
Tuesday – Saturday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, diesel engines, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on Ford 700/800 trucks, International trucks and support vans and pickups
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems.
- Perform the sequence of operations to troubleshoot truck fleet in order to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, install and adjust many building components, automotive and fleet machinery, accessories, parts, etc.
- Uses complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment such as but not limited to load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
- Keep informed on all technical changes related to fleet requirements
- Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience on medium to heavy-duty vehicles – Ford/International.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical, hydraulic schematics, codes, and instructions on a computer.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter. (Minimum tool list provided)
- ASE Certified preferred.
MUST HAVE STRONG ELECTRICAL, TROUBLESHOOTING, REWIRING & DIAGNOSTIC SKILLS. We Prefer ASE Certifications in Diesel, Electrical and Computer Diagnostics for Cummins, Insite and Ford Trucks.
PLEASE NOTE. There will be a Technical Skills Test administered at the onsite interview that could take up to an hour to complete.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background and motor vehicle check (MVR) as well as a TSA Federal background check. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance. (No more than 2 moving violations in a 3-year period)
- Lifting ability up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts if needed. (Weather, holidays and coworkers taking vacation or calling in sick may require overtime to cover their shift)
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
- Medical Insurance with Three plan options (Rx included)
- Flex Spending Plan and HSA
- Dental Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP, Confidential & professional assessment and referral services for employees and their family members)
- Vision Care
- Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match up to 6%
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness/Fitness, Smoking Cessation Program
- Vacation – Sick – Holiday (Two Floating) – Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FT MECHANICS
- Tool Allowance – Bi-Weekly
- Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance – Yearly
- Free Uniforms
- ASE Certification Bonus Program, Up to $5000
- Technical Training
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.