Diesel Mechanic / Technician Level II (BOS)
Performs preventative maintenance and repair on heavy equipment similar to tractor trailers or implements such as agriculture equipment, construction equipment, etc within standardized maintenance times. Responsible for ensuring equipment is fully operational in support of daily customer operations.
- Performs scheduled maintenance including changing oil, filters, checking lights, tires & greasing, replace or repair light components and perform operations check
- Replaces worn or broken parts, aligns wheels, adjusts bakes, tightens bearings.
- Troubleshoots equipment or components to diagnoses concerns
- Make repairs and replace major parts or systems on equipment including: engines, transmissions, electrical, brakes, tires/wheels, Cooling/HVAC, and Hydraulics.
- Help estimate time and material costs on repairs
- Develops or obtains requisitions for new parts and equipment.
- Records paper and electronic records in connection with maintenance performed
Will work under a Tech Level III and/or Lead Mechanic
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Pass background and drug test
- Valid driver’s license and pass and Motor Vehicle Record check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Work in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the airfield
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned
- Must have minimum tools to perform the maintenance and repair work
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs., frequently stand, stoop, kneel, crawl, walk, use of fine manipulation skills.
· Choice of 3 comprehensive medical plans
· Employer Paid Life, AD&D 2X Annual Salary
· Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Accounts
· Vacation Pay – 64 hours your first year of employment
· Dental Insurance
· Sick Pay
· Vision Insurance
· 2 Personal Days
· Paid Holidays
· Continuing Education/Certification Benefits
· Wellness Program
· Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.