This position is responsible for the operation and management of multi-shift operation (including some small outstations) that performs equipment repair and maintenance on heavy equipment - powered and non-powered for key customers. The successful candidate will possess strong mechanical/technical knowledge, shop operation and customer service experience. This role is a shop-based position that will require extended work hours with primary responsibility during first shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop, implement, maintain and oversee the administration of workforce planning, workflow, and process management to ensure fleet maintenance operations are performing at optimal levels.
• Expected to develop quotes utilizing software to customers for repairs and parts required
• Must possess the skills and abilities of a highly skilled technician and is expected to work alongside shop employees to assist in repairs of equipment.
• Ensure all safety policies and programs are adhered to
• Act as primary interface to customers
• Manage shop maintenance activities to ensure work quality standards are met
• Ensure completion and accuracy of shop paperwork
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing and hiring process
• Communicate performance expectations and company initiatives on a regular basis to employees
• Assist in the development and delivery of performance reviews and provide overall ongoing feedback to improve employee morale and performance
• Manage and diffuse customer complaints by developing, implementing and communicating a plan of action to correct issues.
• Provide oversight and direction of inventory management and vendor relations
Qualifications and Skills
• Supervisor/management experience
• Fleet maintenance and mechanical knowledge
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must have valid Driver’s License