Parts Clerk/Inventory Control
Are you looking for a career that uses your full potential? Join the Global team and “Raise the Bar” on your career. Use your knowledge and unique skill set to provide high quality inventory management.
Good Employees are at the heart of our company. Our customers rely on us to keep their equipment in top working order and to get the most out of their assets. Because of that, we rely strongly on employees who display exemplary traits like: Integrity, Service, Leadership and Eagerness to Grow.
With over 200 GSE mechanics serving 65 airports our success relies on us doing quality GSE, Fleet and Facility Maintenance with a sense of “Aviation Industry Urgency” and to abide by our core values of: People First – Quality Service – Integrity Always – Trust Earned.
Come help us “Raise the Bar” - Apply today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain designated stock levels, invoices, and receipts; monitor and track material operations inventory and supplies
- Retrieve and distribute parts to maintenance operations personnel; research availability of parts not available in manufacturers’ manuals
- Drive/Operate a company vehicle, traveling to and from vendors for parts pick up and drop off
- Expedite parts orders for vehicles that are out of service; create daily reports of stock items
- Submit supporting information to develop procedures to minimize or eliminate stock level problems
- Investigate and report on incidents of incorrect materials, supply overages, and other technical problems
- Provide information on requests for new parts that should be placed in inventory, suggested stock levels, and other requests from customers such as preferred technical, quality or brand features
- Ensure that shop stock levels, invoices, and receipts are maintained accurately
- Use a variety of materials and inventory operations equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks, computers, etc.
- Provide oral and written reports on matters related to materials and inventory in assigned areas
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other District personnel and the public using principles of good customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry systems
- Strong organization and administration skills
- Maintains a professional, friendly and positive disposition
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- General business knowledge
- Commitment to company vision, mission and values
- Must type minimum of 35 WPM
- Accurate data input
- Valid driver license
- Knowledge of automotive parts, tools and equipment
- Ability to maintain automated inventory records.
- Able to operate office equipment and machines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in automotive or fleet maintenance field
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All candidates must have a MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
- Lifting ability up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Schedule to be determined; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
Supervisor or Manager.
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
- Medical Insurance with two plan options (Rx included)
- Flex Spending Plan and HSA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit, Smoking Cessation Program
- Vacation – Sick – Holiday (Two Floating) – Bereavement
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.