Welder/Fabricator with Auto/Diesel repair exp. $19 to $22 - SAT - (TX)
Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated components to assemble structural forms such as machinery frames, structural steel, and sheet steel by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform minor repairs and simple tasks on equipment
- Prepare and maintain records/reports
- Utilizes all hand tools and grinders.
- Set-up and use an oxygen/acetylene torch for cutting purposes.
- Develops layout and plans the sequence of operations.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto the workpiece.
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Positions, aligns, fits, preheats work pieces, and welds together parts.
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications.
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Distinguished varying thicknesses of metal materials.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on heavy equipment similar to tractor trailers or implements such as agriculture equipment, construction equipment, etc. within standardized maintenance times. Responsible for ensuring equipment is fully operational in support of daily customer operations.
- Performs scheduled maintenance including changing oil, filters, checking lights, tires & greasing, replace or repair light components and perform operations check
- Diagnose brake systems, remove and replace work or broken parts
- Aligns wheels, adjusts bakes, tightens bearings.
- Help estimate time and material costs on repairs
- Records paper and electronic records in connection with maintenance performed
- Assists level II & III Mechanics with routine maintenance
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of repair manuals and instructions
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics, preferred
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass a 10-year background check
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Possess a basic set of hand tools including a toolbox
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.