Shop Manager (MI)
This position is responsible for the operation and management of multi-shift operation (inlcuding some small outstations) that performs equipment repair and maintenance on heavy equipment - powered and non-powered for key customers. The successful candidate will possess strong mechanical/technical knowledge, shop operation and customer service experience. This role is a shop based position that will require extended work hours with primary responsibility during first shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee the administration of workforce planning, workflow, and process management to ensure fleet maintenance operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Develop and submit quotes for repairs to customers
- Ensure all safety policies and programs are adhered to
- Act as primary interface to customers
- Manage shop maintenance activities to ensure work quality standards are met
- Ensure completion and accuracy of shop paperwork - from technician work orders, parts documentation and entry into respective maintenance management system.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and hiring process
- Communicate performance expectations and company initiatives on a regular basis to employees
- Assist in the development and delivery of performance reviews and provide overall ongoing feedback to improve employee morale and performance
- Develop and mentor shop employees
- Manage and diffuse customer complaints by developing, implementing and communicating a plan of action to correct issues.
- Provide oversight and direction of inventory management and vendor relations
Qualifications and Skills
- Supervisor/Management experience
- Operations/budget management experience
- Fleet maintenance and mechanical knowledge
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.