Shop Supervisor/Foreman (NY)
Global Aviation Services, a leader in Ground Service Equipment maintenance, is seeking a Shop Supervisor at its La Guardia Airport shop. If you have extensive/prior leadership experience, we would like to hear from you. This is a full-time opportunity with exceptional benefits.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of shop operations involving equipment repair and maintenance for multiple customers. The successful candidate will possess mechanical and technical knowledge as well as the ability to lead a team of technicians. Customer service experience strongly desired.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee the administration of workforce planning, workflow and process management to ensure fleet maintenance operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Ensure all safety policies and programs are adhered to
- Act as primary interface to customers
- Manage shop maintenance activities to ensure work quality standards are met
- Ensure completion and accuracy of shop paperwork
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing and hiring process
- Communicate performance expectations and company initiatives on a regular basis to employees
- Assist in the development and delivery of performance reviews and provide overall ongoing feedback to improve employee morale and performance
- Develop and mentor shop employees
- Manage and diffuse customer complaints by developing, implementing and communicating plan of action to correct issues.
- Provide oversight and direction of inventory management and vendor relations
- Supervisor/management experience
- Fleet maintenance and mechanical knowledge
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must have valid Driver’s License
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.