Area Manager - Southern Riviera
The Area will oversee a small area of shops with teams of heavy equipment mechanics performing diagnostics, repair and preventive maintenance on equipment in the most effective way possible to avoid down time for the customer. The Area Manager will interact with the customer’s on a frequent basis throughout the day to provide status updates on their equipment.
- Oversee small regional area in the management and the repair and maintenance of customer equipment
- Helps Shop Leads and Supervisors develop accurate work schedules to handles service calls to meet customer needs and assure that equipment is available as required.
- Mentors Shop Leads and Supervisors with management issues- people, process and customers
- Orders parts when necessary in order to maintain adequate supplies.
- Works with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to inventory.
- Conducts quality audits and evaluates equipment after repairs, maintenance or safety checks
- Handles customer concerns regarding equipment condition or operation.
- Promote safety awareness
- Help develop and manage budget for the shops
- Lead area customer communications on a proactive basis
- Ensures the Shop Leads, Supervisors and Techs are all completing work orders properly for accurate billing and tracking of maintenance
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives for the shops that are focused on standardized quality work
- Disposal of Solid and Hazardous Material Waste (Batteries, used oil & filters, antifreeze, wash sludge)
- Reporting to include: - Equipment due for service - Fleet status Reporting - Equipment Service Record Reporting - Open work order report - Inventory management - Financial and historical trending - Tech paid hours vs. worked hour report
- Minimum 5-7 years of recent management experience in fleet maintenance shops or a repair service environment.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with accounting principles, budgets, and financial reports
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.