National Manager- Florida Area
- Oversee a specific region of company’s fleet maintenance operations.
- Develop, implement, maintain and oversee administration of policies, procedures and programs that enhance fleet maintenance operations and support the achievement company's objectives.
- Oversee the safe and productive operation of fleet maintenance shops.
- Supervise the audit activities of all shops and communicate results to appropriate management accurately and timely.
- Act as primary interface with state agencies, such as OSHA and ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Manage shop maintenance activities to ensure business objects are met on time, with maximum accuracy and quality and within budget.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management.
- Execute the professional development for staff by way of real time mentoring, coaching, problem solving and management guidance and redirection.
- Build and maintain a collaborative and engaged team that will provide positive, encouraging and informative input and feedback.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers, customers, vendors and regulatory officials.
- Work well, and be an active and effective contributor with the management team.
- Conduct a comprehensive audit of all assigned shop operations annually. Report all findings in a written report and include necessary corrective action plans.
- Assist in the development and adhere to budget
- Manage shop financial variance reporting and operational performance to budget and productivity goals.
- Make sure all operational paperwork is kept current and complete.
- Assist in shop recruitment and hiring process.
- Assist in marketing services in local territories in an effort to develop Global’s customer base.
- Minimum 7-10 years of recent management experience in fleet maintenance shops or a repair service environment.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with accounting principles, budgets, and financial reports
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.