Mechanic Lead - $27.00-$36.00/HR - SFO (CA) -$3,500 Signing Bonus
Technician/Mechanics perform scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled maintenance including repairs as required on powered and non-powered equipment and trucks. Junior level technicians are expected to perform routine preventative maintenance as their primary job duty; whereas, highly skilled technicians/mechanics will be expected to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform more complex repairs as their primary job duty.
- Responsible for ensuring equipment is fully operational in support of daily equipment requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance on diesel and gas engines, checking proper operation, changing filters, servicing with oil, water, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant, etc.
- Aligns wheels, adjusts brakes, tightens bearings.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance including repairs, troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
- Cleans, treats for corrosion, assembles and reinstalls components in accordance with customer requirements or manufacturer requirements.
- The mechanic updates paper and electronic records in connection with maintenance performed.
- Pass background and drug test as an airport badging requirement
- Valid driver’s license and pass and Motor Vehicle Record check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Work in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the airfield
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned
- Must have minimum tools to perform the maintenance and repair work
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs., frequently stand, stoop, kneel, crawl, walk, use of fine manipulation skills.
· Choice of 3 comprehensive medical plans
· Employer Paid Life, AD&D 2X Annual Salary
· Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Accounts
· Vacation Pay – 64 hours your first year of employment
· Dental Insurance
· Sick Pay
· Vision Insurance
· 2 Personal Days
· Paid Holidays
· Continuing Education/Certification Benefits
· Wellness Program
· Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.