Mechanic Lead -SFO (CA)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet company and customer performance metrics related to shop productivity, budget, and on-time performance.
- Ensure timeliness of preventive maintenance, cost effective repairs and procurement/maintenance of parts inventory.
- Evaluate equipment repair costs and make recommendations on repairs.
- Prioritize equipment repairs.
- Monitor safety practices and procedures in the shop.
- Evaluate maintenance work practices and identify methods to improve productivity.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide technical assistance to Mechanics as needed.
- Coach/counsel, discipline employees who violate company policy, or fail to meet company standards.
- Establish a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on ground support equipment, boarding loading and/or facilities.
- Troubleshoot, overhaul, rebuild, and repair both powered and non-powered support equipment systems.
- Document repairs, parts and labor on the computer, using both internal and customer based fleet maintenance software
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a maintenance shop environment.
- Minimum 5 years of proven preventative maintenance experience (Ground Support Equipment preferred.)
- Good background in diagnostics to include electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic. Most diagnostics are not performed using computer assisted diagnostic tools.
- Valid driver's license and good driving background.
- Must pass a 10 year background check and drug test.
- Strong Electrical Skills, rewiring and diagnostics
- Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience in a maintenance shop (Ground Support Equipment experience preferred.)
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and
codes and instructions on the computer.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
- ASE Certified preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
- Lifting ability up to 70
- Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Schedule to be determined; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
Shop Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
- Medical Insurance with two plan options (Rx included)
- Flex Spending Plan and HSA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Insurance (LTD Company Funded)
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness/Fitness Benefit, Smoking Cessation Program
- Vacation – Sick – Holiday (Two Floating) – Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FT MECHANICS
- Tool Allowance – Bi-Weekly
- Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
- Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance – Yearly
- Free Uniforms
- ASE Certification Pay Increase Program
- Technical Training
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
Global Aviation Services, LLC.
920 Aldrin Drive, Suite 250
Eagan, MN 55121
(763) 259-4468 Direct
(612) 707-2002 Mobile
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.