Mechanic Part Time - SAT(TX)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, diesel engines, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on Ford 700/800 trucks, International trucks and support vans and pickups.
- Diagnose electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems.
- Perform the sequence of operations to troubleshoot truck fleet in order to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, install and adjust many building components, automotive and fleet machinery, accessories, parts, etc.
- Uses complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment such as but not limited to, load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
- Keep informed on all technical changes related to fleet requirements.
- Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience on medium to heavy-duty vehicles – Ford/International.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and
codes and instructions on the computer.
- Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
- ASE Certified preferred.
- Generator experience preferred (Genset generators)
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.