Shop Operations Manager (CA)
The Shop Operations Manager will oversee a team of heavy equipment mechanics performing diagnostics, repair and preventive maintenance on equipment in the most effective way possible to avoid customer downtime.
- Has oversight of the repair and maintenance of customer equipment
- Prepares work schedules with shop supervisors
- Managers customer needs to ensure that the equipment is available per their requirements
- Is responsible for the development and execution of continuous improvement initiatives around quality, inventory, cost, safety and return to service
- Works with equipment OEMs to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to fleet inventory.
- Development and execution of a process to ensure repairs, maintenance and safety checks are completed on all managed fleet equipment
- Handles customer complaints regarding equipment condition or operation.
- Promote safety awareness
- Manages the execution of quality control checks
- Ensures supervisors and staff mechanics are creating, updating, and closing work orders.
- Budget management
- Reporting to include: - Equipment due for service - Fleet status Reporting - Equipment Service Record Reporting - Open work order report - Inventory management - Financial and historical trending - Tech paid hours vs. worked hour report
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of work planning and scheduling and other supervisory activities
- Planning and management experience
- Computer literacy
- Reporting experience
- Inventory management experience
- Ability to read and respond to common inquiries from customers and/or employees.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to effectively and safely use mechanic’s tools and equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot complex equipment problems.
- Must be physically able to work in a job site environment for extended periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
- Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.