Mechanic Lead - MSP (MN)
- Meet company and customer performance metrics related to shop productivity, budget, and on-time performance.
- Ensure timeliness of preventive maintenance, cost effective repairs and procurement/maintenance of parts inventory.
- Evaluate equipment repair costs and make recommendations on repairs.
- Prioritize equipment repairs.
- Monitor safety practices and procedures in the shop.
- Evaluate maintenance work practices and identify methods to improve productivity.
- Review work orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide technical assistance to Mechanics as needed.
- Coach/counsel, discipline employees who violate company policy, or fail to meet company standards.
- Establish a preventive maintenance schedule.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs on ground support equipment, boarding loading and/or facilities.
- Troubleshoot, overhaul, rebuild, and repair both powered and non-powered support equipment systems.
- Document repairs, parts and labor on the computer, using both internal and customer based fleet maintenance software
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a maintenance shop environment.
- Minimum 5 years of proven preventative maintenance, tire and brake experience on medium to heavy-duty vehicles.
- Good background in diagnostics to include electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic. Most diagnostics are not performed using computer assisted diagnostic tools.
- Valid driver's license and good driving background.
- Must pass a 10 year background check and drug test.
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.