HVAC Technician - MSP Airport (MN)
- Performs skilled work in the installation, maintenance and repair of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Installs and maintains electrical, electronic and pneumatic information and control systems associated with HVAC equipment.
- Tests and troubleshoots HVAC system malfunctions, repairs or orders and replaces components, and tests equipment prior to placing back into service.
- Observes safety precautions when working with energized equipment.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs high- and low-pressure boiler and related piping and control equipment
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical, electrical and hydraulic system defects in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, baggage handling, lighting and power distribution regarding passenger loading bridges.
- Reads blueprints, drawings and diagrams to troubleshoot, diagnose and make repairs to electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintains electrical circuits and components of electrical systems up to 480 volts.
- Maintains records of repairs made, orders, and time worked.
- Scale calibrations
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Certification requirements: Universal Refrigeration certificate
- Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience in the mechanical field.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Checking system pressures
- Knowledge of refrigeration cycle
- Recover/reclamation of refrigerant
- Basic computer skills
- Maintaining refrigerant log books
- Preventative maintenance
- Diagnosing and repair of up to 100 ton units (R22 & 407C)
- Strong knowledge of control circuits, motors, high mechanical aptitude and knowledge of PLC’s a plus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
Global Aviation Services, LLC is an equal opportunity and proud employer of employees from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified applications will receive equal consideration for open positions. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of their status as a veteran, minority, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status in any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified and is able to perform.